What can you expect when you start working at Pathways?
The Pathways team is looking for creative, talented, hardworking individuals to help us grow our company as we expand into even more exciting aspects of ServiceNow development. If you're thinking "hey, that's me," then you are the target market! Our open positions are listed below; please send your resume (Word or PDF is fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the position's title in the subject line.
Employee feedback is incredibly important to the Pathways' partnership team. Some initiatives that we've started up reflect our commitment to our team:
- Flexible work-at-home arrangements
- A relaxed dress code helps our team get more comfortable in their daily activities, when you’re in the office
- Through our partnerships, we offer discounts on vacation packages, electronics and a variety of other items
- All of the necessities you need to perform your job are provided (cellphone, laptop, etc.)
Your health and well-being is important to us:
- We provide a variety of healthcare options as well as add-ons like dental, vision and flex spending plans
- We provide paid time off, including two weeks of vacation, sick days and personal days to help you take care of yourself when you're under the weather or just need some time to unwind and relax
- We care about your future, so we offer a 401(k) play with discretionary company match to help you reach your retirement goals, no matter how far down the road they might be
- We provide a life insurance policy for unexpected situations
We expect a few key qualities from you in order to help us best serve our clients:
- An ability to perform complex requirements, analysis, design, configuration and development within the ServiceNow platform
- An ability to understand complex scripting and software integrations
- An ability to comprehend use cases, business requirements and functional requirements
- Some experience architecting and creating functional design documents
- Strong, effective communication skills
The Business Analyst is the vital link between the Pathways technical team and Pathways’ client. The Business Analyst discovers and documents the client’s business processes and needs by applying standardized and common practice methodologies. The analyst is responsible for obtaining the clients acceptance of discovered requirements, user stories and proposed solutions.
As a Quality Analyst, you will analyze the development and execution of repeatable test procedures to validate the quality of ServiceNow ITBM and ITSM applications developed in an Agile environment. This role works closely with developers to ensure quality is built into solutions and contribute to the final decision on whether a software release is ready to deploy to production. The QA analyzes and creates test documents, including test plans, use cases, release plans, and defect log reports. This role also conducts functional and regression testing to support user acceptance testing, including documenting all reported issues found during the testing life cycle. The Quality Analyst works closely with other team members during software application troubleshooting and technical diagnosis. The Quality Analyst is also responsible for coordinating and executing releases of code from sub production ServiceNow instances to Production instances.
The ServiceNow Administrator role plays a vital function in ensuring the day-to-day administrative support for the internal team as well as assists with customer-focused ServiceNow administration tasks.
The ServiceNow Administrator role is an entry-level role focusing on educating and mastering the fundamentals of ServiceNow administration, paving the way for other career growth opportunities within the Pathways organization such as Development, Quality Assurance, Release Management and Project Management consulting roles.
This position will require the applicant to design, configuration and development within the ServiceNow platform. Ability to understand complex scripting and software integrations. Must be able to comprehend use cases, business requirements and functional requirements. Experience architecting and creating functional design documents. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and team members.
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle as a technical lead on a project. In this client facing role, you will be working with a business analyst to translate business requirements into functional requirements across multiple lines of business. You will design and/or develop solutions related to the ServiceNow platform, integrations between systems, and website development.